At Aarc, we view individuals and couples as being resourceful people, who for some reason become mired in a problem. Pressure of work, changes in health, finances or more general life transitions such as having children, one partner going back into education, or responsibility for aging parents can put a strain on the primary relationship.
How we communicate our emotions at these times can test
even the strongest of relationships.
Counselling can offer confidentiality, an empathic mediator,
unconditional acceptance, opportunity to explore issues,
practice in problem solving strategies.
Our goals are to aid:
- Personal development
- Ownership and Stating of needs
- Understanding of the relationship
- Rediscovery of the past relationship
- Understanding of how each contribute to present problems
- Finding a positive way to either be together or to separate